Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April means birthdays.



In our house, April means birthdays. All three of the loves in my life were not only born in April, but born in the SECOND HALF of April. That's a lot of pressure folks. Making the 3 most important people in my life feel the most special special all within 10 days of each other every year is not easy. So this year I actually pulled off the "low key" birthday trifecta. All three of them got to blow out candles in front of our closest family memebers and open a couple presents. That's all a kid really needs, right? I made a pretty amazing cake and dinner was great. From now on, the kids only get parties on the "big years." That means 1, 5, 8, 12, and 16yrs. (Accept for Wendy who had full blown themed parties for years 1, 2, 3, 4 AND 5 - hence the fact that I'm a little burned out). I think it was a big success!



Some of Harvey's adorable 2 year old vocabulary that I always want to remember:
  • ah-moat - oatmeal
  • wa-wot - water
  • yesth - yes
  • ah-man - superman, spiderman, any super hero man really
  • meh-meh - talking like a baby / talking like a monkey
  • Ay-na holg you - pick me up
  • apunz  - rapunzle

No comments: