June at 8 months:
- Has figured out how to roll from her back to her tummy and now rolls ALL OVER the place! Seriously, if I take my eye off her for two seconds she's across the room. My older two children were late when it comes to mobility, late rollers, sitters, crawlers AND walkers. But I think June is going to break the mold. I wouldn't mind if all my kids were late in that department...
- Sounds insignificant, but can pick up her pacifier and put it back in her mouth (thanks to our new favorite pacifier, the wubbanub. #googleit). I don't know why it's so cute to watch her pick the little stuffed animal up and shake her head back and forth with her mouth wide open until she finds the binki and latches on, but it is. And now I'm not constantly putting it back in or making my older children do it for me.
- NEW FOODS: prunes, carrots, & peaches
- Sitting up! Unassisted... and raaaarely flopping over anymore
- First time on a swing. It was at the park in Brea by the Plunge Pool after the older kids' swimming lessons. The poor thing kept flopping forward but she still loved it!
- 1st 4th of July!
- 1st road trip: Las Vegas, Utah, Idaho. She was a ROCK STAR in her carseat. The happiest out of all my little road trippers. We learned her limit when we tried to barge it straight home from Idaho all in one day and hit 4th of July weekend Vegas traffic. Eleven and a half hours. My June is happy as a clam in the carseat, facing backwards and staring at the blank nothingness of a seat for eleven and a half hours. The older two lose it after 5 minutes if they don't have a dvd player in their face. But my sweet, dream baby lasted eleven and a half hours before letting us know she was done. It took us twelve to get home so... not too bad.
- First hair cut! Took June to aunt Ruthy to finally cut the mullet/rat-tail off. Honestly, I was a little nervous. I know those whispy, Gollum hairs were sparse and always out of control, but I was used to her little face surrounded by a crazy mane. But we did it and she still looks like herself, only a little cuter (if that's possible).
*My babe and my baby... LOVE these two!