*I have mixed feelings about this picture. On one hand I LOVE how cute it is, on the other I hate how old she looks. I think it's because I propped her up so it looks like she can sit up, but she's still too young to do that. She cannot sit up yet, thank heavens, I want to keep her little.
My June at three months:
- 14 lbs
- 24 inches long
- cooing all day long. It's the best sound!
- happiest baby ever- wakes up smiling & cooing
- laughs every time I wipe her chin or chest = WAY ticklish!
- will not laugh or coo or "talk" for the camera, she's not a performer just like her big sister.
- getting nice and chubby- baby rolls, knuckle dimples, rubber band indents on her wrists, and even CHUBBIER cheeks
- does "crunches" all day long. She puts her chin on her chest and tries to sit up. We change the words to the song from Frozen and sing "She's just a bit of a sitter upper..." to her.
- first vacation: weekend in big bear and it was awesome. She slept her longest stretch so far on that trip, from 11pm to 6:30am! SEVEN and a HALF HOURS! On this trip she went on her first hike, saw her first snow, and had daddy feed her her first bottle- she drank 3 ounces! (We didn't want her first bottle to be the day I went back to work, just in case she wouldn't take it. Luckily she did great- one less thing to worry about!)
- first trip to Disneyland - she slept in the sling the whole time. I felt like a rockstar because I was so outnumbered but we still had a lot of fun because my kids were little angels. (They must have known our passes were about to expire and I was on the fence about renewing them right away.)
- first trip to the Children's Museum - slept in the stroller the whole time.
- first trip to the zoo. We went to the Santa Ana Zoo. We ate a packed picnic lunch on the bench that overlooks the camel exhibit (like we always do), saw the live animal show and rode the train (the train that Harvey DID NOT want to get off. He ran down the tracks crying "NOOOO! I wanna wide da twain again!! I not done!!" At which point the workers had to chase him down to get him because it's not safe to be on train tracks and I had a newborn in a sling and a 5 1/2 year old girl that was freaking out that her brother was going to die. That's when we left.)