Juniper Belle at 9 months:
- first time at the Williams Family Beach House
- on the first night of the beach house, she slept her longest stretch of sleep! 11 1/2 hours! From 8:20pm to 7:50am! (kinda sad that it's not a normal occurrence after nine freakin months). I think it was because we were in a room that was pitch black, with a loud fan, the room was a little warmer than normal, and she slept on her tummy. I've been trying to recreate the situation ever since, but it hasn't quite worked out.
- first tastes of: squash, oatmeal, peas, blueberries, raspberries, and ICE CREAM! (actually it was pineapple gelato that her aunt Celestial gave her when I wasn't looking. Wish I could have seen her face!)
- had her first hair cut by her (great) aunt Ruth! To be honest, I was a little nervous to cut the rat tail for a second. I don't know why, it was kinda gross. Maybe thought it might change the look of my sweet girl, but the minute it was cut off I could tell it was a good thing. It was long overdue. She should have had her first haircut when she was a week old.
- went on her first bike ride! It was just June, mommy and daddy. We rode along the Newport Beach boardwalk at dusk. Everyone coming toward us on the boardwalk lit up at the sight of her, some smiled, pointed, giggled or waved, like she was her own little parade. She LOVED it.
- has started DANCING!! It's more like bouncing up and down and waving her arms around. Sadly... it's usually to "Gangnam Style," which is Harvey's favorite dance party song, so she's been hearing it since she was in the womb. I guess I should have been putting classical music up to my belly. I hope she hasn't lost brain cells.
- she does this adorable thing where she leans in and goes forehead to forehead with me. She lingers there with this adorable genuine smile across her face like she's the happiest little baby in the world. I love it so much.
- has been "singing" this song where she sticks her tongue in & out and says "Labalabaladalabalada." It's my new favorite song and I get to listen to it on repeat all day long!
- she has been trying to get on all fours and rocks back & forth like she's going to crawl any day now! I'm a little nervous for her to start crawling so young (well, young for our family. Wendy and Harvey never really crawled, and were late walkers) but I'm excited too! I think crawling is adorable and intriguing because my older two never did it. But I'm nervous to have to keep the floor clean and free of choking hazards with two other kids who love things like legos and littlest petshop.