Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolutions


*image via pinterest.com

2011 was awesome for me. I had a beautiful baby boy. My husband turned 30 (and I threw him a pretty successful surprise party, if I do say so myself). My daughter is as happy, healthy, intelligent and spunky as ever. 2011 was a good year. I even stuck to my 2011 resolution of refraining from seeing rated R movies (and I LOVE movies).

This year, (other than wanting to lose weight, but who DOESN'T have that resolution?) I'm really going to focus on being more punctual. I have a little bit of a lagger problem. I'm always always always on time for work... but that's about it. For one thing, I really don't want to walk into church late anymore, it's mortifying. Especially because we live ACROSS THE STREET from the church building. So my motto for 2012 is, "If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late." It's so true. I need to try to show up 15 minutes early instead of showing up right on time. With a toddler who wants to "do it myself!" and a baby that can't do anything for himself, I feel like I'm always running on a hamster wheel and getting nowhere. But, in 2012, I WILL be on time (for everything except maybe parties - I hate being the first one there). Phew. Wish me luck.

Some great talks on balancing time and setting priorities in life:
"Life's Obligations" by Gordon B. Hinckley
"Keeping Life's Demands in Balance" by Dallin H. Oaks

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Good resolution. It only gets harder to be on time the more little people you have to get ready, but just planning on leaving sooner than you need to helps give you a cushion. Good luck and Happy New Year!

amber buhrley said...

And to go visiting teaching. There is nothing worse then when my visiting teachers show up and I am not ready/expecting them! Good luck with your resolution. That is a tough one but I know it will make ryan happy!

Heather and James Georgianna said...

haha im glad...was it after my complain sesh that you chose this? Its True...i was late to James's Dr appointment and I thought back to our conversation about this. :) Maybe this will be mine too....after losing weight haha

J, J and B said...

It's hard to be ready on time with kids! I think that's a good excuse!! :) But a good resolution too! I'm still getting the hang of it with ONE baby. Go girl!