Friday, September 5, 2008

Multi-tasker Disaster


If you try to kill 2 birds with one stone, you'll miss the birds and lose your stone. I've had to learn this the hard way. So I confess, I am a multi-tasker. It's not a good thing.  You can't do 2 things at once and do both of them to the best of your abilities, it's just not possible. For example: drive & talk on your cell phone (hence the new law), go to the movies while studying your 3x5 note cards for a test, try to listen to the sacrament speaker while planning your primary lesson, etc.

But my worst multi-tasker habit is when I have a lot of stuff to carry. I don't like to make 2 trips. Especially after grocery shopping. I can't leave my baby OR my ice cream in the car, so I have to get everything the 1st trip. It really is a sight to see. Me, carrying: my baby in her car-seat, diaper bag, BIG ol' purse, and ALL my groceries. As you probably guessed, it finally backfired on me. I dropped something heavy & sharp and broke my left pinky toe! Good one Heather. So please, learn from my mistakes. Let's all try doing things one at a time. 

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That sucks! I totally know what you mean. I think every mom tries to get as much done in as little time as possible. Carrying way too much is a prime example. As if your diaper bag, purse and 30 pounds of car seat with baby aren't enough you also have to grab any bags from your outing. It's a sight to behold. I'm so sorry your pinkie toe learned that lesson the hard way. Hope it feels better soon. :)

Colt Bowden said...

Poor toe. Perhaps some baking soda would fix it up?

jenn (+ will) said...

oh sweetie! hope it feels better soon! i am the same way about carrying in things from my car! yikes. see you and wendy later today :)

Beth said...

OUCH!! There is nothing more painful then a broken toe! Kick your feet up and take it easy!

Thanks for the cute picture of birds and not a gross picture of your toe!

Ruth said...

How is your toe? Ps all moms have to multitask or NOTHING would get done. And Beth you know you loved my bloody toe!

Christy said...

I am totally the same way. I HATE going back out to the car. That's why my car is always messy. But I will purposely make my driving routes a certain way so I am never backtracking at all. It's a weird thing but hear ya.