Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tonight's the Night

*Wendy's 1st night home, 4 days old


*Wendy's last night in our room, 4 1/2 months old

What happened to my tiny newborn? I bet if I stare at her long enough, I'd be able to see her growing, just like one of those time lapse videos where something is filmed over a long period of time then sped up so you can see things evolving. I always said, "3 months, then she's outta here!" It's now been 41/2 months and she hasn't slept in her own room yet. 

I've procrastinated long enough. I'm just lazy & don't want to get out of bed and walk across the cold floor to her room to feed her in the middle of the night. But TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! Hopefully I'll sleep better when I can't hear every little noise she makes. Hopefully SHE'LL sleep better in a soft crib that's actually big enough for her. Wish me luck. 

11 comments:

Ruth said...

Good LUCK! I always stalled putting my babies in their own room.

Lynsey said...

Zach slept so much better in his own crib, one he had more room and we are noisy sleepers and we kept waking him up. You might be surprised how well she will sleep. It is sad though, but Chris was glad that we could finally have a conversation in bed. Good luck!

Christy said...

It's so scary but you get over it. And hopefully she'll start sleeping through the night soon. But ya, it's gotta be done...good luck!!! :)

whitneyingram said...

It worked with Van. He has been sleeping in his crib in Jack's room for a few weeks now and he has done great. Sleeping from 8 to 8. No complaints at this house.

Jones Family said...

At least Wendy isn't in your bed. You are doing better than me. I think I kicked both my kids out of the bed at 6 months and 8 months. Wendy looks like your dad in her "giant" picture.

I love the two pictures to see how big she really has grown!

Unknown said...

Wow! Is she really that big? What a cutie!
I am sure you will all sleep better with her in her own room.

Unknown said...

Ooooo.... I am excited to hear about how this turned out!

Beth said...

If you are wondering who Nathan is...It's your little brother! I didn't realize I was signed in under his name! Oops!

Shannon said...

Mixed emotions, I bet. Hopefully everyone will do well with the change. I actually have never had any of my babies sleep in my room, ever. I have a hard enough time sleeping without hearing them grunt all night. :) Anyway, it's still kind of sad and exciting to see them grow up. Good luck!

The McCullough Crew said...

Scary day! Me and Joey must have each gotten up over five times that first night. It actually is funny to think about now. You will love have your room back! Congrats Ryan!

jenn (+ will) said...

how exciting!!