Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Williams Family Beach House 2011


*family photoshoot by my talented sister, Nessa!

*"OUR" lifeguard tower, #17



*The grandkids: Harvey, Wendy, Ruby, Landon, Charlie

Almost every summer of Ryan's life, he has spent a week with his family at the same beach house. So, for the past 9 years (the length of our dating & married life) I've got to benefit from this family tradition as well. Every summer at the beach house has been wonderful, and this summer was no exception. Some highlights:

  • having the help of my MIL, SIL, aunt-in-laws, teenage girl cousin-in-laws... I was actually able to have some time to myself and do things like take showers and make dinner without worrying about the kids!
  • sitting out on the beach all day. Wendy played in the sand with her cousins and Harvey professionally kicked it in our hand-me-down baby tent (thanks aunt Ruth- that thing is awesome!)
  • games at night! (This is always my favorite part. We put the kids to bed, cover the table with treats and play games til we can't keep our eyes open anymore. Love it.)
  • family bike rides along the boardwalk and to the ice cream shop
  • the time I accidentally locked us out. We didn't mind being stuck on the beach. The land lord came within an hour or two to unlock the door. Apparently during that time, all the other beach front rentals were broken into and all the vacationers' electronics were stolen. Good thing I'm so scatter brained!
  • finding out that my sister-in-law is pregnant! Everyone thought they were done. I'm SO excited that Harvey won't be the odd man out, trailing behind all the older cousins. Can't wait to meet my new niece/nephew!


1 comment:

Beth said...

SO much fun!!! I love this Williams family tradition because I get to come and hang with you all for a day at the beach