Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Disneyland in the Rain



*looks like someone is starting to get a little annoyed with all the pictures I make her take

On my way to Disneyland with my toddler in the rain, I thought to myself, "I'm either a genius or just crazy to be doing this right now." It was a last hurrah before my pass expired and my foot surgery (two things that would prevent me from getting to go for a long while). So I bundled up my baby and myself and we took off.

We went on FIVE rides in 1 hour!! The submarines, it's a small world, peter pan, and the carousel(twice- it's her favorite). I started to believe I must be a genius, but on our 2nd ride around the carousel it really stared to pour. Luckily we were just about done anyway.








We had so much fun playing in the rain at Disneyland, I just might make a habit of it. When I was a little girl we had passes and during the off season, the place was empty. I remember running around the park with my sisters, feeling like we owned the place. Now that the passes are so much cheaper, there's no such thing as an "off season." Going in the rain, with the park pretty much empty, reminded me of that feeling I had as a little girl. As you can see above, Wendy enjoyed it too!

Now, to totally contradict myself and go against my wishes that Disneyland passes were less accessible so that I could have the place to myself, here is a great way to get in free for a day OR have 1/2 of your year round pass paid for. If you go HERE you can sign up to volunteer for a day to get free admission to Disneyland for a day (instead of getting in free on your birthday). The have a great list of places you can choose from to volunteer near your home. My friend and her kids are going to feed the homeless. I have signed up to make fleece knotted blankets for children in need (this is one I can do at home and turn in on my own time!)

7 comments:

jenn (+ will) said...

i want to come to disneyland in the rain with you guys!

Shannon said...

So fun! I love that you still have your pass from when you were a kid! We always had passes to Knott's instead. It was super fun to go when it was empty and just stay on the rides until we were sick of them cause there was no one in line. Glad that you guys got to have a fun day.

Beth said...

Brings back memories...

I love the picture of the 2 of you, canyou make me a copy???

Melany said...

oh my gosh i love that old passport picture of you. and that video is so cute!! she's lucky to have a mom who'll take her to disneyland in the rain.

i'm so jealous...if we lived down there we would have passes, too hands down.

Lana said...

Your post brought me back to the days when we'd all go together with our passes. We were seriously lucky. Wendy looks so cute in her little hat and jacket. Crazy that we're moms that can take our kids to Disneyland now, huh. It makes me want to start singing "It's the circle of life...." (Lion King).

Sarah said...

Wendy is such a doll! You are a brave mommy for taking her on a rainy day. It looks like it was worth it!

Anonymous said...

Heather I used to to take you all the time when you had that Pass! I had to take it in my wallet when we were at the park. You are the sweetest Mom to take Wendy to Disney in the rain. I bet she just loved small world. kisses, Tata