Wednesday, December 31, 2008

8 MONTHS!







*thank you nessa for making these pictures amazing!

On Christmas Eve, Wendy turned 8 months old! I remember last Christmas when I was a sick, pregnant mess. I don't know about you, but for me 2008 just flew by. I almost feel like I blacked out through half of it (probably because of being stuck in my house for 4 months after having a baby).

Anyway, here's Wendy at 8 months:
  • Weight: 18.5 pounds
  • Height: 27.25 inches
  • favorite words: "dada," "momomom," and "babababah" ( I really don't think she quite knows what she's saying)
  • gives forehead kisses (not really kisses, but if you lean your forehead in she'll lean in and touch foreheads with you- this might sound lame but I LOVE it).
  • starting to get stranger anxiety- she won't go to just anyone anymore. 
That last one makes me a little sad. For some reason, I feel personally responsible when she cuts down someone's self-esteem by not going to them. Every time I hand her over to a great-grandparent, or friend I just think, Please don't cry, please don't cry, please don't cry... Other parents, is there any remedy for this?

6 comments:

Shannon said...

She is so adorable. The time really does fly. I totally agree with the stranger anxiety comment. I always feel guilty when my kids won't go to people, but there really isn't much you can do about it. If you force it they usually just get more freaked out. Weston was HORRIBLE about this. He wouldn't even go to grandparents for the longest time. Eventually he would warm up though. Hopefully she will grow out of it quickly.

Melany said...

she is SO CUTE. i can't believe she's already sorta talking. time flies!

(i like to blank out the time when i was pregnant, too - it was just a means to an end).

Jones Family said...

Oh we just love baby Wendy. It was fun seeing you guys last night. Wendy seemed happy to be with anyone from your family. She is too cute with your Dad. She totally has her Grandpa tied around her little finger.

Beth said...

As long as she keeps wanting to come to me...It melts my heart every time she put her little hands out to me to pick her up! I love that girl!

Lynsey said...

I feel ya on the stranger anxiety thing. Zach still clings to me when we are at people's houses. It works best if I let him warm up a minute by staying close to the person with him in my arms and after a few minutes see if he will go, but always stay in view. Right now he won't let anyone hold him, not even me, all he wants to do is get down and walk!!!! Get ready for that!

Bethany said...

Love your blog, and the new pictures. To answer the question you asked me on my blog, yes, I took/touched-up those pictures. Didn't I tell you I'm really into that now? lol. Just did a booth at a wedding expo last weekend! http://glamourgraphics.blogspot.com