Friday, August 28, 2009

Where Have I Been All Summer? (part III)







Wendy and I took "Parent & Me" swimming lessons at the Brea Plunge this summer. On the days I worked she got to go with either Ryan or my mom. The class pretty much teaches the toddlers how to hold their breath under water and gets them ready for real swimming lessons. The other moms, mainly Ruth, said they had fun watching my face every time Wendy got dunked. I don't know who hated it more, me or her.



Wendy was given the MVP award by her teacher, Brett. She was SUPER bummed on the first half of lessons. She would cry and cling to me, but by the end, I was dropping her off the diving board (to the swim instructor waiting below of course) and she was trying to jump before I let her go and would come up laughing.


5 comments:

Melany said...

how fun! i need to do this next summer with penny. i was feeling kinda lazy this summer and didn't feel like putting on a swim suit and getting in cold water in the morning...wendy looks so cute!

jenn (+ will) said...

love it!

Beth said...

We love the picture of Wendy holding her MVP award...she looks pretty smug!

Love all the bathing suits!

Mel and Dane said...

So cute and getting big!!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful pool. I wish I could do this with you and Wendy. Maybe in the future...just a wish. TaTa