Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hotel in review


Our balcony

So, if you're looking for a nice getaway (but don't want to spend a ton of money) I know where you should go! For our 5 year anniversary, we just wanted to get away for a weekend and stay in a nice hotel. We called our friend Amelia, who has been to a million nice hotels because of all the weddings she photographs, for some ideas. She recommended Casa 425

Here are some reasons why this place is so amazing:
1. Location, location, location. It's located in Claremont Village. Random, I know, but that's one of the reasons the prices were so good. I had never really been there before. It's only about 20 minutes away and has a super fun feel. It's an old town with rad old architecture and HUGE trees that hang over the streets. Plus, there are tons of cute shops and restaurants and a gorgeous college campus.  


2. FREE BIKE RENTALS! They had the cutest matching vintage orange beach cruisers! And we had so much fun riding around old town Claremont. We got to see the city and scope out a good restaurant for dinner that night.

 

3. Spa tub... in the middle of the room! Ryan & I aren't really "bath people," like the rest of my family. But the spa bath (with jets) was a.ma.zing. I think I might convert.



4. Complimentary Breakfast. Just LOOK at that spread!! I'll be honest though, we didn't make it down in time for breakfast. It was my first time leaving Wendy over-night and I was not going to miss out on the opportunity to sleep in for the first time in 11 months!

Needless to say, I can't wait for an excuse to go back to this place. 

4 comments:

jenn (+ will) said...

wow heather! so awesome!!

Melany said...

that looks so fun! room with a jet tub + sleeping in without a baby = awesome to me.

Ruth said...

It looks like a cool hotel. Maybe Scott and I should go. You know I am a HUGE bath person.

Shannon said...

That looks so cool! I love the orchid by the tub. Gorgeous. I will have to remember this place for our anniversary sometime. Glad you got a nice getaway. That is pretty much our rule. We always go somewhere for our anniversary instead of presents. It's so fun.